Reposted from: http://www.oekoteam.at/ehc7-home-menu.html
We are delighted to announce the 7th European Hemiptera Congress (EHC 7) and 9th International Workshop on Leafhoppers and Planthoppers of Economic Importance organized by the OEKOTEAM in co-operation with the University of Graz, Institute of Zoology.
The conference will take place from the 19th to the 24th of July 2015 in the Castle of Seggau, 40 km south of Graz (Styria, Austria).
The preregistration is now open!
INTERNATIONAL HETEROPTERISTS’ SOCIETY
Gerry Cassis, President International Heteropterists’ Society
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
June 21, 2014
Very soon we will be gathering in Washington, DC, for the Fifth Quadrennial Meeting of the International Heteropterists’ Society – July 21--25, it is just a few weeks away!
The Executive Committee of IHS proposes the following changes to the Society Bylaws, subject to membership approval at the 2014 Business Meeting:
1. To change the outdated title of Internet-Bulletin Board Editor to Webmaster. This will require wording changes to Article V, Sections 1, 4, and 9.
2. To change the title of Publications Editor to Web Editor. This will require wording changes to Article V, Sections 1, 4, and 7.
Section 1 will now read:
Pieter Hendrik van Doesburg junior died on January 21, 2014 in Sassenheim, The Netherlands at the age of 93.
All IHS members should create new accounts for this site. Your old accounts will not work!
Account creation steps:
- Click on the black "log in" button in the top right corner of the site.
- Click on "Create new account"
- Fill in the user account form, ensuring you tick the box for "Allow user login?"
- An account request will email be sent to the website maintainers who must authorise the account
- Once authorised you can post comments without moderation and will be able to access future site functions
The 2012 ICE meeting will be held in South Korea this year, between 19-25 August. We plan to organise an informal meeting of members so that we can discuss matters Heteroptera before our next official meeting in Washington DC in 2012. President Gerry Cassis and President-Elect Wenjun Bu will be at the meeting and will convene a meeting. Although there will be no society business dealt with at the meeting, there will be an opportunity for discussion and for a report back to the society about bug talks/posters.
Hope to see you in Daegu.